This is for the average person that has been running or someone starting to run and enjoying it. One focus is positively attempting the challenging goal of running a marathon. The base goal is to achieve fitness or wellness with minimal pain or injury thus continuing to participate. The central premise- Anybody with generally healthy limbs and body can go from couch to finish line of the 26.2 mile marathon in 24-36 weeks.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Chi Running and Effort-Pain

I found this book at local bookstore in the summer of 2005 and the subtitle ..Injury Free Running " caught my attention and I paid for the book.
The following day I flew to Colorado to crew for a friend ashe ran in the Leadville 100 mile Endurance Run. I re-read the book on the return flight and have since studied it and appiled only a small portion of thetheory to my running.
I am impressed with what the book says and so far with what has happened to my workouts and my body. The real measure will be later this year as I add miles and effort to my running and training.
I am a fan of the Walk -run methods espoused by jeff Gallwoay and other coaches- I am emplying them while using the Chi methods. I recently purchased Chi Walking and will see what that has to offer and will review here later.

ChiRunning: A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-free Running
"…this remarkable program offers a completely new way to run without effort or injury."
- Beryl Bender Birch, author of Power Yoga


Currently reading Vegetarian Sports Nutrition and will review it in the near future.
">Link

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home