This is for the average person that has been running or someone starting to run and enjoying it. One focus is positively attempting the challenging goal of running a marathon. The base goal is to achieve fitness or wellness with minimal pain or injury thus continuing to participate. The central premise- Anybody with generally healthy limbs and body can go from couch to finish line of the 26.2 mile marathon in 24-36 weeks.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Going everyday- builds knee strength and flexibility

All of the pain and trouble I have been having with this knee have been helping me learn a bunch of stuff about myself, my body and my future.
The FIRST is that I have to go out and work my body to keep it functioning- resting the sore and damaged joints is only bad for them. Now I don't go crazy but I go regularly. I also rest and ice them when they are BAD.
Second is the value of diet. I mean this 2 ways- keeping or getting my weight in a good zone and what I actually put in my body. If I eat crap ( salty, sugarry, processed,....) I feel it even if just a little in the midst of a good eating day. I eat raw fruits and veggies as well as many vegetarian meals. I have not gone completely vege yet and may still do that- but right now it is a" most of the time thing".
The real value of shoes and treating my feet. if I take care of my feet and wear the best I will feel it and know it all the way up my legs.

Time to ge back to work- lunch is over (tomatoes, cukes basil and oregano( from garden) with vinegar and EVOO)

">Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home