This is for the average person that has been running or someone starting to run and enjoying it. One focus is positively attempting the challenging goal of running a marathon. The base goal is to achieve fitness or wellness with minimal pain or injury thus continuing to participate. The central premise- Anybody with generally healthy limbs and body can go from couch to finish line of the 26.2 mile marathon in 24-36 weeks.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hiking and Running- Both Workouts ?

I am wondering how my planned hike tomorrow will translate into training miles and time. I ran today- an easy (SLOW) couple of miles in the early morning heat and plan a long hike tomorrow.
I will not calculate it in my running log but will note the time, terrain and approx milage. I know it will all add up in he calorie burn and especially in the psychic benefit of hiking in the mountains, surrounded by trees, birds, bugs and Nature. If we choose the right trail we may even get to as waterfall and take a cold dip in mountain spring water.
My knee has been bothering me and I worry about tomorrow but not enough o cancel the trip The hike I am planning has a few turnaround points if the knee becomes a problem.
Now to finish the day at the storeand head home or a good meal and plan tomorrows food and drink for the hot mountain morning and afternoon
">Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home