This is for the average person that has been running or someone starting to run and enjoying it. One focus is positively attempting the challenging goal of running a marathon. The base goal is to achieve fitness or wellness with minimal pain or injury thus continuing to participate. The central premise- Anybody with generally healthy limbs and body can go from couch to finish line of the 26.2 mile marathon in 24-36 weeks.

Friday, July 14, 2006

As a bigger runner I constantly get asked questions about running and size. Many of the questions center on the pounding and pain resulting from being a big runner.
I have many answers that I give them. These answers are the things I do to keep running regularly.
1) Correct shoes- kept in good condition.
2) Proper Pre- and post run preparation and recovery routines
3) Proper diet
4) Proper hydration - all day long
5) Daily habits to maintain strength, flexibility and mobility
6) Workout variety to mantain enjoyment.

As a bigger runner and former football and basketball player{with a history of orthopedic surgeries} I have tried many gimmicks and tools to help my health but regular vigorous endurance exercise is the only thing to keep my body, heart and mind in shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home