This is for the average person that has been running or someone starting to run and enjoying it. One focus is positively attempting the challenging goal of running a marathon. The base goal is to achieve fitness or wellness with minimal pain or injury thus continuing to participate. The central premise- Anybody with generally healthy limbs and body can go from couch to finish line of the 26.2 mile marathon in 24-36 weeks.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Marathons for the Average Runner
As I run and walk every day I see all kinds o f people out on the road and many not.
Why are so many of the runners out every day little people? I don't mean petite but where are all the big men and women?
As a Clydesdale runner in a nuber of races I truly see and feel the beneifts of regualr or even daily endurance exercise. As I talk with other large people I have learned that many are scared of the pain of starting to run.
Others use the excuse of old injuries or arthritis as excuses to sit and watch TV . Many of these people could get out and do an easy walk as well as others can go for a run.
HOW DO WE GET BIGGER PEOPLE OUT RUNNING?

How can wehelp bigger runners and walkers to gt out there?
More to follow. Thanks and happy running.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I agree, runners should be people of all sizes. I am a bigger person and love to run. I especially love it when others having seen that I am out there doing it and enjoying it, decide "heh, maybe I can do this too".

10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home