This is for the average person that has been running or someone starting to run and enjoying it. One focus is positively attempting the challenging goal of running a marathon. The base goal is to achieve fitness or wellness with minimal pain or injury thus continuing to participate. The central premise- Anybody with generally healthy limbs and body can go from couch to finish line of the 26.2 mile marathon in 24-36 weeks.

Friday, July 21, 2006

WOW- Cross Training can be Painful !!!

Spent the day in the mountains and we did plenty of hiking on pretty severe terrain. Had fun, felt great and even stretched when i got home( like any workout).
Man was I sore and really didn't feel the bad knee- well everything else hurt. This morning Ihad lots of new and interesting discomforts. I did some exercises and stretching and felt better and went out for an easy weekend prep run. The target was an hour and I was close. The suggested tempo was upbeat with some speed intervals- did not do those.
When I did the first speed up I felt it in a few sensitive places but kept at it. As I tried the next pickup I really felt it and decided it was a good day to be careful. It became and LSD day- but the kinks from yesterday worked out and even the knee pain was reduced- I think the distance on the rough terrain gave it a good test and strengthened it.


Have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home